Testing is the base of our business, whether it is in new construction, with new chillers, boilers, air handlers, exhaust fans, circulating pumps, or already existing buildings. We are capable of performing all the testing requirements for these systems.
Adjusting is the process of adjusting total volumes at fans or main branches in order to achieve the specified fluid flows and air patterns at the terminal equipment.
Balancing is the process of regulating dampers or circuit setters to proportion the flows to the actual design values. If design values are not able to be met, then further testing is done to determine root problems and solutions
The services provided by Evolution Engineering Services under this field are:
- Complete air and hydronic testing and balancing of large, medium and small commercial air conditioning systems (i.e. VAV, multi-zone, double-duct, single zone with reheat systems).
- Balancing air and water distribution systems.
- Adjusting the total system to provide the specified quantities.
- Performance testing of clean room systems.
- Testing hospital systems with special requirements (i.e. surgery, isolation, sterile rooms).
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Measurements.
- Duct pressure testing for leakage.
- Outside air CFM adjustment.
- Performing accurate electrical measurements.
- Establishing quantitative performance of all equipment.
- Verifying automatic controls.
- Measurement of sound and vibration levels.